It's Monday. Yay. Here's my weekly Cheer Myself Up to Get Over the Monday and Tuesday Blahs List of Happiness:
1. I proved last night that I definitely have one of those brains that will come up with SOMETHING if I just force myself to sit down and write. It's not fantastic, but it's words. One scene down, about a dozen to go.
2. Saw the family Saturday. Everyone was sick, unfortunately, but well enough to go through with Squirt's baptism and lunch afterwards. Had a nice chat with Boo-Girl about college plans.
2a. Neither Dad nor I has showed signs of getting the dreaded lurgy that the Jimbos have, though we won't be sure we haven't caught it until tonight.
3. Mom was home very briefly this weekend. Not long enough to hang out properly, though she did listen to an episode of Cabin Pressure
and laughed her butt off. And she adored the Ottery St Sherlock crossover vid I posted here
remembered to get iTunes so I could get the aforementioned Cabin Pressure
from Audible and burn it onto CDs for the commute.
5. New-to-me books! A few overviews of subjects I might try at college and a novel sent by mistake -- I was ordered Bob Balaban's Spielberg, Truffaut, and Me
(his diary of making Close Encounters of the Third Kind
) and got the novelization of Close Encounters of the Third Kind
instead. They refunded my money, told me to keep the book, and I'm trying my luck with another bookseller.
6. A clean-ish hobbit hole. I maintain a certain, slightly-below-average level of neatness and cleanliness most of the time (the black dog's visits and tech week of plays being the exceptions), but I make an effort when I expect someone else -- even Mom -- to set foot inside any time soon. And once it's halfway decent, I make an effort, at least for a while, to keep it that way.
7. Rain tomorrow!
Happy Monday, y'all.